Protect yourself against spam and identity theft
Did you know that when you register a domain name, the registration details are available for anyone to see on the public WHOIS database? The database can include your name, address, email and phone number. This can be used by spammers, marketers or anyone.
With WHOIS Privacy Protection enabled we replace your personal details with our own privacy service information thus keeping your domain registration and contact details private. This means:
- Your personal information is hidden online
- You should notice a reduction of spam messages in your inbox
- Your details are protected 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
What happens if someone genuine wants to contact me?
When you enable WHOIS Privacy Protection we automatically create a unique email address for your domain contact email. Any emails sent to that address will be forwarded to your email address, so people with legitimate enquires can still get in touch with you.
How much does the WHOIS Privacy Protection service cost?
This service is free forever! Please note: WHOIS Privacy Protection is not available for all domain name extensions; for more details please contact us. For .UK domain names WHOIS Opt-out service is available for free by the UK domain registry (Nominet) for private individuals.
How do I purchase WHOIS Privacy Protection?
When registering your domain name you will be offered the WHOIS Privacy Protection service automatically. For .UK domain names you can activate the service at any time from within your control panel. For existing domains, you can add WHOIS Privacy Protection as follows:
- Login to the Client Area
- Services > Domain Names
- Locate your domain and click on it
- Click on "Manage Privacy"
- Turn the WHOIS Privacy Protection service "On"
- Congratulations! After following all the onscreen instructions WHOIS Privacy Protection will be enabled for your domain name.